Monday, September 21, 2009

Change of scenery


Twice in the last few days I've been able to be in or near the mountains. T. and I took a drive to see the aspen trees turning color. Our route was up through Coal Creek to Nederland and back down through Boulder. The higher the altitude, the prettier the leaf color. I hear next week might be the peak. Let me know if you get up there to view it. As always I am so energized by being in that beauty and majesty and so thankful for those moments. Yet, it is seldom that I actually plan or make time to do it. That needs to change!







Yesterday was even more gorgeous. I was in Niwot for brunch and sitting outside was totally pleasant (even for me--I don't like too hot or too cold!) The beautiful 45 min. drive north and west alone was worth it, but I got to spend a little time with friends, too. So 2 of my favorite things at once.

p.s. The close-up is of one of the "crazy" rock climbers in the photo of the rock face above it. They fascinate me and make me nervous. Thankfully my son never told me until after he went rock climbing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Going into the mountains tomorrow for the second time in a month to hear the elk bugle.

Can't stay away.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If you can't get there at least we have your wonderful pictures to enjoy! I, however, had a wonderful hike in the mountains to exclaim over all God's beauty!

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home