Monday, October 13, 2008

Please don't snow

My neighbors have their shrubs and flowers covered with sheets, but I am too lazy to go out in the cold again tonight to do that. So I am saying, "Please don't snow!" Over the weekend we brought in ferns, succulents, and a few other plants that are too pretty to lose. There's only so much room in a small house to offer shelter. Can't bring the whole yard in.

The weather was great on our trip to GA. Our youngest son, Ben, went along this time. One of the highlights of the trip for all of us was hearing Jimmy Carter teach from the book of Acts at his church in Plains. He is very sharp, a man of the Word, still very committed to the peace process and contributing to the world. He was going to be in 3 countries during the next week. There were plenty of Secret Service agents and it is the first time I got frisked with a metal detector before entering church!

This weekend is Off the Map Live in Denver--The Born Again Church Tour. I am looking forward to meeting people and hearing the conversation. I will be taking photos, so check back here next week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I pulled in all my plants yesterday and took up all available counter and table space. Then today I came home from work at lunchtime and put them all back out.

It was a b-e-a-utiful day today!

This past weekend I did see snow, both here and in the mountains where I was staying. I got the best of both worlds!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Hooray! We've had another week of beautiful warm weather. No snow yet this side of Boulder.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home