Sunday, July 06, 2008

Starting over

It has taken me 10 years to decide to make the switch to a Mac from a PC. Now I have so much learning to do! As you can see from my very first slideshow created with my new mac, the switch has been made. I have spent any free time the last few days learning my way around. My brain is tired! Am open to lessons, helpful suggestions and input from those who are comfortable in macworld.

Even though I have previously been put off by the snobbishness of mac owners, I must admit it does seem to be superior in many ways and definitely speedier than my old laptop or PC!! It's the shift in my thinking and habits that is causing the frustration and slowing me down.


unpacking the mac

Looking forward to deciphering the command, control, and fn keys and actually getting work done. Pray for grace...
(quality of the video doesn't look so good after transferring it to blogger--any suggestions??)

5 Comments:

Blogger soul and culture said...

trying not to covet here...

9:15 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Amy, I will share as much as possible in Santa Fe. You are the one with the cool iPhone, though.

10:12 PM  
Blogger soul and culture said...

Matte or glossy screen?

8:06 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Both Mike and I are making the switch this month from PC to Mac. I'm supposed to get mine this week. Mike - on the 21st.

Say a prayer.

Sorry, but I think this means that we will enjoy the curse (I mean synergy) of new and unfamiliar technical difficulties. But, at least we'll be "simultaneous".

Kooky, huh?

9:27 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Amy, matte screen. Missed you tonight in Denver.
Susan, wow, you guys too--my PC and web gurus?

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home