Saturday, June 28, 2008

Result of a hard year

ImageChef.com

Even though I love my God, my friends, my family, my creative work, my garden, and of course...coffee (which helps me keep going,) somehow chronic health issues, pain, inability to sleep, grief and busy weeks have robbed me of my "vitality," if you could call it that. I can't remember feeling good or energetic for a long while.

I took this week to slow down a little bit, but am still putting in hours on web work and getting a health site ready to go online (irony?). The hours gardening seem like a relief, though that can be overwhelming, as well if I get obsessive.

My mom arrives in a couple of weeks to celebrate her 80th birthday with us. I will shift into my interior designer mode to finish the guest room after T. builds the bed pedestal. That is fun work that I look forward to. Always a challenge to work on a budget, but I have gotten good at it. I just want to know when I'm going to be able to go fishing....

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Fishing maybe over the long weekend?

3:19 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

would be great to see my friend and the lake at the same time!

8:33 PM  
Blogger kathyescobar said...

love this picture & hope the next month brings some rest! XO

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home