Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Meme

my little side deck is a nice place to sit-- more so for eating than blogging.

Amy tagged me a couple of weeks ago and I'm just getting around to posting my response.

Rules:
The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about himself or herself. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.


Ten years ago:
We were in a Vineyard church. I was learning to loosen up with some very fun and good new friends, learning more about the prophetic, heading up prayer ministry, unprepared for the upheaval and craziness and conflict we were about to see. The kids were in a charter school and I spent half my day driving back and forth. My youngest son was a 1o year-old. Next Monday he's no longer a teen.

Five things on today's "to do" list:
Work out with my friend who's letting me be a guest at her fitness club.
Trim the thyme on my patio between the squares of the concrete paver grid.
Call my mom.
Mail a card and some money to my son for his trip to Turkey with the grad program.
Work on web design stuff, as usual.

Things I'd do if I was a billionaire:
Establish multi-emphasis retreat/learning/healing/community centers
Help fund artists to be able to spend time doing art
Give to organizations, ministries and individuals who are making a difference
Have a house where I could entertain and host people all the time-- have a sanctuary space to get away by myself--and have a working artist's studio--with a view.
Travel and make it possible for others who can't afford it to travel.

Three bad habits:
Not exercising.
Too much coffee.
Too little sleep.

Five places I've lived:
Albany, GA. Thomasville, GA. Carrollton, GA (college), Athens, GA (college), Madison, WI. Huntington Beach, CA. Thornton, CO. Okay, I know that's more than 5.

Five jobs I've had:
Clerk at a drug store. Framer, filer, film processor for a photographer. Graphic designer/photographer/web designer. Interior/garden/fountain designer. Mom.

I will tag:
Sharon. Shannon. and Shannon here, too. Bobbie.

And, if you are reading and haven't played, join the fun! You are now tagged.

3 Comments:

Blogger bobbie said...

thanks jennifer - but i got tagged for that one about a month ago, here's my post:

http://emergingsideways.blogspot.com/2008/04/get-to-know-me-meme.html

7:04 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

sorry Bobbie--I remember now! We both kind of started with that church thing and have lived in WI. My years there were '77-'81.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Heidi Renee said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home