Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A little aside

Okay, it finally stopped snowing here and the iris were so kind and gracious to bloom for my birthday last week. Here's a photo from my little side garden of the birthday irises.
iris
It actually got really warm, but it is chilly again today. We needed the rain yesterday, so I'm trying not to be too crabby about it. In fact, I'm even lighting a candle tonight for the hope I have in God--and the hope that life will indeed turn out alright--with all its good and all its bad. It's about being in it together for the long haul, the slow progress, and the tiny differences we can make as we join up with God's loving purposes and kingdom values.
candlemy candle of hope

3 Comments:

Blogger kathyescobar said...

i love your candle....those are some of the things i hope for too...

4:54 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Jenny - Happy Birthday. I can't believe I missed it. I hope you will want to celebrate belatedly.

Kathy, Happy Birthday to you too. If I remember right, you're a May baby!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Kathy, let's keep the hope alive.
Thank you Susan! Where have you been? Time for a coffee or dinner fun break.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home