Thursday, May 01, 2008

It won't stop snowing

chair tree may 1st
Welcome to Denver where it's always winter (see photo left.) Yesterday was beautiful and warm. In the late afternoon T. and I were at Waneka Lake. Families were picnicking. There were walkers and joggers. Kids were playing and watching mother geese with their fuzzy babies. I was untangling my line while watching the fish jumping. Today - totally different. It has been snowing all morning. Took a few shots this morning to compare to my April snow pictures.

Tuesday, May 6th, I head back to GA to be there for Mother's Day the following weekend. Will not break my heart to touch down on green grass not covered with white stuff.

back corner april
april

back corner may 1st
may

patio chair april
april

patio chair may 1st
may

robin april
april

robin may 1st
may

5 Comments:

Blogger soul and culture said...

Love the pictures, but I'm over the snow, too. Hope you had fun with The President at the lake.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I am going to have to impeach the President and look for a replacement. Maybe I should switch to a Snoopy rod and reel with the zebco thumb release thing.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Sorry I'm missing all the fishing fun. I literally don't have a leg to stand on.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

OK, gals! Get this in perspective. At least you have seasons, bizarre as they may be! We have too seasons, here -- dry and not-so-dry! The rains have not really arrived, yet. Not a good thing.

The snow looks so refreshing -- as long as I don't have to shovel it! When we celebrate cooling off to the low 80s -- well, snow looks absolutely beautiful!

One thing I've always loved about Denver. You never have time to complain much about the weather because it's always a-changin'!!!

Love to you!
Sharon

2:29 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Sharon, it's so great to see you posting! We miss you terribly!

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home