Thursday, April 03, 2008

More of Memphis


Sadly, I didn't have a chance to discover my inner Elvis, as Graceland's brochure invites me to do. Graceland was not the only thing we had to pass up. There's much more to Memphis than we could see in a morning. A list of other options can be seen here. I am looking forward to returning. Besides Beale St. (see photo above), the art museum, the Underground Railroad museum, and Sun Recording Studio, the place I wanted to visit was Stax Museum of American Soul Music. With taglines of "one seriously cool museum" and "nothing against the Louvre, but you can't dance to DaVinci", you know it's gotta be a hip place. I would rather discover my inner Aretha or Mavis Staples any day. The Elvis thang is alive and well, though. For a live, yes, live, view of Graceland check here. I found that you can sign up to receive interesting facts about Elvis Presley and the latest Elvis news emailed to you on a regular basis. Stay in-the-know with an exclusive online celebrity newsletter for the ultimate Elvis fan. What news would this be?? That Elvis is about to go on tour? Don't laugh-- until you check this out: "Elvis Presley In Concert (formerly known as Elvis-The Concert), the astounding production that reunites former Elvis bandmates live on stage with a state of the art video-projected Elvis, continues its historic and critically acclaimed world tour. In 1998, Elvis-The Concert was designated a Guinness World Record as the first live tour headlined by a performer who is no longer living." Just one of the tidbits found on elvis.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I think it would be fun for us to find our inner Elvi. I wonder what that would look like!

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home