Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Faith is...

A cup of suffering. Not certainty, or assurance but commitment to drink it anyway, a passion for what you believe deep down to be the right way. It's got nothing to do with what is definite. Everything to do with giving your heart to right living, the cost of justice, the sacrifice of love. That is faith.

Roddy Hamilton from “Faith is...” series at Abbotsford Parish Church Aug. 2007

I have so appreciated the worship resources from Roddy Hamilton. This piece just seemed to fit with the flow right now.

4 Comments:

Blogger kathyescobar said...

oh i am going to hold on to this one, this is beautiful and what i need to constantly be reminded of. thanks jenny!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I'm sending this to Mike. It's just what he needs to hear today. Thanks for the message!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Thanks Kathy and Susan. It was what I needed, too. Especially the part about giving your heart to right living (with almost a "come what may" attitude.)

2:37 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I wish time zone changes were enough of an excuse! I'm very behind, here! But, I really was blessed by this powerful reminder, Jenny! Thanks. I'm trusting God's sovereignty on the timing! (which, translated means, "I need a good excuse for being so behind on reading your blog!")

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home