Monday, November 05, 2007

Getting ready

Getting ready for the art workshop on collage, I have run across some great resources. Since collage is so therapeutic, what could be better than ordering 5 or 6 books to spark imagination and inform my own work? Then I can (here's the justification) do a better job of facilitating the collage time in a couple of weeks. Doing some practice pieces to demonstrate styles and techniques really has been therapeutic for me. I haven't done any art about the hospital and my dad because it's still in a little whirlpool in my mind. The right brain will have to spin it out in time. I am mostly enjoying creating backgrounds that are becoming collages on smaller subjects.

My favorite find is Journal Revolution by Linda Woods and Karen Dinino, sisters who encourage everyone to rise up and create! Thanks to Linda I am laughing away some stress and sadness, too. Visit her blog.

3 Comments:

Blogger Linda Woods said...

We are so glad you like our book!
I am so sorry about your dad. I know this is a really sad time for you, too.

7:40 AM  
Blogger lillylewin said...

jennifer. thanks so much for your kind words on the blog...and i'm so sorry about your dad! wow. your the second friend who has lost a father in the last month. i'll be praying for you too and your mom and you journey through the holidays without your dad. i love to collage too and thanks for reminding me of it's therapy value!
i was at half-price books last night looking for cheap coffee table books to cut up in a future worship time.
hope your class is wonderful and that you will open a bottle of good wine to toast the good life of your dad and to celebrate his new life!
blessings!
lilly

11:52 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Thank you Linda and Lilly. I appreciate your caring words. I will try to post some collage work as soon as I get my card reader back from my friend or get my scanner to work (the cord fritzed out to some high voltage--my electrician husband tested it.) arghh.....

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home