Sunday, August 20, 2006

Worship design?

Interior design
Exterior design
Fountain design
Business card design
Web design
Worship design

Guess I have been doing some design lately, now that I think about it. When people ask if I'm still doing graphic design, I sometimes sputter a bit. It has taken a different turn lately, so in addition to business graphics I have a few other things going. They are all fun and creative and I enjoy each as I am doing it, but tonight I really enjoyed setting up the response portion of the worship service. Kathy spoke on Luke 6 and the necessity of being a people who are forgivers.
The first table provided a place for reflection about an act of forgiveness we need to do. It held colored papers, pens, candles, green glass pebbles, and a large green glass bowl in the center, which filled with the papers as each person wrote something and dropped it in.



A second table was set with a large footed bowl filled with bread and a square vase full of wine to dip into, to celebrate communion and our being forgiven. A bouquet of roses in the center along with candles, rose petals and more glass pebbles filled the table before a glass "basket" of rose petals at the end for a take-away. God's way of love and forgiveness is a beautiful thing and we portrayed it as such. Holding a soft, smooth, fragrant petal while back in our seats was a reminder of what had transpired The large bowl full of papers (our individual prayers, wishes and willingness to forgive) was held up as a prayerful fragrant offering to God.

1 Comments:

Blogger steph said...

I have often wondered how communion and worship could more fully bring my senses alive - I see here how it can be so and how it is full of the breath of Jesus. This creativity itself was worship.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home