Thursday, February 16, 2006

Slow God?


The Body of Christ could use some sleep (Or what the Church can learn from iTunes.) by Kester Brewin of London (graphic from Beginners Guide cited later)

A stimulating article I ran across that is worth the while it will take to read. And one of the excellent reflections found at Beginners Guide to the Emerging Church. I see a parallel between Brewin's thoughts and Steve Taylor's relating to the need for processing time to integrate change both personally and in our community. A point being that evolution is more sustainable than revolution. Some talk also about God being a slow God and recalling his work done in increments of 30, 40, 80 years, etc .

In reflection I can also see this idea of process, perhaps even long process, in play in prayer. How different would I be if things had happened instantly throughout my faith life?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home