Sunday, February 26, 2006

Food for the Needy

This started as a group blog for a women's leadership team. This post is by Susan:

I was kindly reminded today that I would be foolish to depend on others for my "spiritual feeding". Well, I've been thinking about that for a good seven months and I finally have to agree. I have the resources available to me. I have the Counselor. I have wise friends to help me understand. And ... I have a proactive spirit. So, yes. I agree it is my responsibility.

But the important thing, is that I've already had the "launch". You definitely need the launch to be able to recognize and mobilize the tools and resources available. So, let's not forget to be catalysts, launchpads for ourselves and others. What adventures we will have!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

And, though we've been launched and are capable of, and responsible for, self-sitting (I was going to say "self-feeding" but we are fed at the feet of Jesus by His Spirit so I guess "self-feeding" isn't very accurate} we still were designed by our wise creator to NEED each other.

Imagine sitting at a dining table, alone, day after day. No matter how marvelous the culinary delights, the experience lacks much and would increasingly lose it's value. But imagine sitting at that same dining table with equally marvelous culinary delights and with the addition of friends, both long-cherished and newer. The nourishment from the feeding experience is not only enhanced, it is enlarged because the "food" is broadened by the others' contributions around the table. Nourishment and fellowship -- at times nourishment IS fellowship and fellowship IS nourishment, yes?

8:53 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Sharon, I love your dining experience analogy. Beautiful. I shared it with the group last week.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home