Saturday, January 28, 2006

Substance

This was started as a group blog. This post is by Susan:

Lately I've been thinking about doing simple things well. I have to start with the simple things and progress from there. It seems almost impossible just to do that!

I'm not talking about perfection, I'm talking about doing things with heart. With the proper intention. With hope for the best for everything and everyone.

Doesn't it sound like a no-brainer? But we move through life in a daze, just scratching the surface of too many things. I would need a million-year lifespan - more - to do everything right.

So for now I can concentrate on just a few things. Doing them well, on purpose, to the best of my ability (even it it's not perfect.)

From that, I think, comes contribution. And with contribution, satisfaction.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

What you call simple many people would call hard. Though comparisons are self-defeating, I can't imagine how I would cope, much less prosper, with four adopted children from another country/culture while running a savvy business, etc. Each of us has to do that thing God calls us to and in focusing on it and being true to it and to who we are, we find that His grace really is on us and we can prosper simple thing by simple thing. We may even look around and see something grand is happening.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home