Thursday, July 21, 2005

Focus

Torchwood was started as a group blog for a women's leadership team. This post is by Susan:

I've been thinking about Jenny's Aim and Shoot and it occurred to me that you can aim and shoot on a subject, then change the target, focus, perspective, settings, effects and your subject is suddenly something entirely different.

I have to do this. I aim and shoot and suddently something unexpected is obscuring my view. Where do I place my focus? I can't get to my original subject - this gommy thing is in my way! Can't ignore it - have to deal.

So I start to think, "What is this behemoth ?" (I like that word, but I want to spell it my own way - as if it something Bohemian, which I also like.) I can hate it because it is blocking my sights. I can ignore it and then I'm helpless to move off the spot because I am at its mercy. Or, I can look at it objectively, without hate or annoyance, and study it for what it is.

It has some interesting nuances then. Penetrating eyes. Sharp edges. A fuzzy top. And even some warmth. Warmth? How can that be? Easy - I just changed to backlit and there it is!

OK, it may be a stretch, but it's not going anywhere soon, so I might as well see what's there for me in the meantime.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I hate gommy things. Can we lose our eyes for a minute and see through it in the spirit, like Neo? Or is it a splinter that looks like a log--yikes! If not, til it goes away remember it's about perspective.It's only big cause it's in your face.

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home